Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 2: Out in Nature

After crashing the night in a ridiculously nice room, I woke up at around 6:30am to see the beautiful mountains. I can't describe how great it was to be out around nature after being trapped in the city with seas of people everywhere I turn.

While the guide took the older folks for a bird-watching activity, I decided to venture off on my own hiking excursion. I went off on 3 different hiking trails, each taking me about 45 minutes each. Since it was an early Tuesday morning, I was the only one on the trail. It was the peace and quiet that I've longed for all week long.

















The trip finished off with a visit to the Long-Nan Museum of Natural Lacquer Ware and a local Taiwanese factory that produced a new type of health product called "Innorchid" which can be made into tea, cooked into a soup, etc. Overall, I would say it was nice to get out of the city, but I felt like this is a doable trip on my own, and I could've seen a lot more and gotten a lot more accomplished had I been by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment