Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar

I discovered Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar through the Groupon program online. I don't know how a foodie like me discovered Groupon so late, but this was actually my first Groupon experience. I paid $15 for a $30 Groupon to Sonoma. I had searched the restaurant online, and was thrilled to find that they sourced their meats and other ingredients locally and sustainably.
The restaurant is located on Capitol Hill, and to my surprise was packed on a random Wednesday at lunch time, good thing I made my reservation! It was definitely a place frequented by a lot of lobbyists, and I felt severely underdressed when I walked in. The menu was extensive and has a great selection of salads, pizzas, pasta, fish and meat dishes. I started out with a glass of Sangiovese. I had already skimmed through the menu before I went and decided to try the Amish Chicken, which is served with fingerling potatoes, leeks and a grainy mustard seed. I have to say, while the chicken tasted delicious, and actually taste like a chicken, I was a bigger fan of the supporting ingredients in this dish. The potatoes were tender and cooked just right, as well as the leeks, and the mustard seed sauce added the perfect touch to them. I also found the chicken to be a little bit overcooked. The dish definitely isn't enough to fill you up, so make sure you order an appetizer! It's definitely a place I'd go back again!

Oh and just to add another twist, I currently work at Blue Ridge Restaurant, which is owned by the same people as Sonoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment