Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A few of my favorite things about Turkey!

In no particular order

1. Ayran: salty yogurt drink that is the perfect combination to a kebab, simit, or pretty much everything!

2. Self-Service restaurants: pick from an array of yummy food, and cheap!

3. Mosques: so beautiful!


4. That I was able to get from one continent to another in a 20 min. ferry ride.

5. Tea: people drank tea all the time!  I love the glassware and the trays they use.

6. Fresh squeezed juices: from orange, grapefruit, carrot, promegrenate, apple, etc. you name it, and all for less than one euro!
7. Beautiful coasts

8. Amazing historical sites like Epheus (the only one I got to see, there are many more of course!)

9. Excellent bus and ferry system

10. Turkish Coffee, it's totally worth the extra time to make it!

11. Dried fruits and dried chickpeas


1 comment:

  1. I am vicariously living through your travels! I love reading about your adventures and seeing all the beautiful sights and food you see/eat! I love you and hope you are having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete